Module 2 Webinar: Life Cycle Perspective (LCP)
Recorded on January 11, 2018
– Product life cycles
– What is a product life cycle perspective?
– Practical approaches
– Obtain a framework for thinking about life cycle perspective
– Learn principles of life cycle thinking
– Develop approaches for incorporating LCP in your organization
– Initiate your thinking about sustainable manufacturing in preparation for Workshop 2
Module 2 Workshop: Envisioning the Future State
This workshop was cancelled due to unexpected circumstances. Some of the technical content planned to be presented was incorporated into the final additional webinars.
This workshop was planned to focus on innovation and product development, by first learning to incorporate life cycle thinking into environmental management systems such as ISO 14001:2015 to help identify opportunities for innovation.
Participants would have engaged in working sessions to begin drafting strategies for sustainable product development within their operations. An overview of the Toxics Release Inventory database and how manufacturers might utilize and benefit from it was to be shared. Research capabilities at the University of Louisville J.B. Speed School of Engineering was also to be presented and poster presentations would be available to review with opportunities to connect with research groups and individual faculty.
Topics to be addressed included:
– Kentucky Toxics Release Inventory (TRI)
– ISO 14001:2015
– University research to enhance sustainability
– Sustainable product development
– Manufacturing host presentation and tour
Benefits of participating would have been:
– Understand how TRI data can benefit manufacturers
– Learn approaches to effectively incorporate LCP into ISO 14001:2015 plans
– Identify potential university-based research opportunities
– Learn and draft approaches to incorporate sustainability in product development
Approaches for incorporating sustainability into new product development processes was a major emphasis of this workshop.
Planned workshop location:
333 East Brandeis Avenue
Louisville, KY 40208