EPA Relaunches Online P2 Hub Resources Center
A Gateway to Pollution Prevention Tools and Technical Resources
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is announcing an updated online P2 Hub Resources Center that features an expanded suite of tools and materials to help businesses and technical assistance providers implement P2 practices. The P2 Hub includes links to more than 3,200 case studies, articles and tools related to pollution prevention and, since 2019, EPA has responded to nearly 1,000 requests from P2 practitioners for help with technical assistance through the P2 Hub Helpline.
P2 approaches can be applied to all potential and actual pollution-generating activities, including those found in the energy, agriculture, federal, consumer and industrial sectors. It can reduce both financial costs (waste management and cleanup) and environmental costs (health problems and environmental damage) while strengthening economic growth. P2 includes approaches as diverse as, increasing efficiency in energy and water use, using safer cleaning products, switching to less environmentally harmful substances in manufacturing or agriculture, reusing materials and modifying production processes to produce less waste.
The P2 Hub Resources Center support P2 practices by providing:
- P2 Hub Helpline: a gateway to support via phone, email or postal mail.
- P2 Resources Search: a searchable collection of case studies, webinars, tools and articles about P2 solutions, practices and technologies.
- P2 Technical Assistance Providers: a searchable tool for finding regional, state and local P2 technical assistance providers.
- P2 Tools & Calculators: a link to tools for measuring environmental outcomes and economic performance of P2 activities.
- P2 Events Calendar: a list of P2 events from EPA, states, grantees and other organizations.
- P2 Financing: tools and resources for financing P2 projects.
- Toxics Release Inventory (TRI): links to TRI data on industry activities to reduce waste generation and implement P2 practices.
These resources are frequently updated with new data and improved features.