To establish an effective comprehensive energy management program, organizations need to make a commitment to continual improvement by:
- Hiring/appointing an Energy Manager/Coordinator
- Establishing a Cross-functional Energy Team
- Scheduling regular Energy Team meetings
- Instituting an Energy Policy
- Becoming an Energy Star Partner
Organizations that realize significant savings from energy management continually strive to improve their energy performance. Success is related to routinely assessing energy performance along with implementing steps to increase energy efficiency. Commitment to an energy management program is an essential component for achieving continual improvement that results in successful energy management outcomes.
Refer to the Energy Star Guidelines for Energy Management for more information.
Step One Resources
The following resources were developed and/or compiled by KPPC engineers and sustainability specialists.
Hire/appoint Energy Manager/Coordinator
Establish a Cross-functional Energy Team
Schedule regular Energy Team meetings
Institute an Energy Policy
• Akebono Brake Corporation Environmental Policy [PDF]
• Policy Language Guide [PDF]
Become an Energy Star Partner
Partnering with Energy Star is a commitment to your employees and customers, as well as to the environment.