Recorded on January 11, 2018
This webinar provides an overview and framework for thinking about the product life cycle (LCP) and evaluating environmental and business aspects throughout the cycle.
– Product life cycles
– What is a product life cycle perspective?
– Practical approaches
– Obtain a framework for thinking about life cycle perspective
– Learn principles of life cycle thinking
– Develop approaches for incorporating LCP in your organization
– Initiate your thinking about sustainable manufacturing in preparation for Workshop 2
- Presentation Info
Lissa McCracken, Executive Director, KPPC
Mark Toda, Sr. Sustainability Engineer, KPPC
Contents:[00:00] Introduction [07:35] Sustainable Manufacturing [08:39] Cradle to Grave [10:39] Cradle to Cradle [18:06] Life Cycle Thinking [29:24] Life Cycle Assessment [30:59] Product Life Cycle [35:27] Sus-VSM (Value Stream Map) [36:12] 6R Concept (Improve Performance) [41:08] Sustainable Product Development [43:42] Questions [52:01] KSMI Resources [53:09] Wrap-up / Next Actions
Please note: Time-stamped links will be viewed on the KPPC YouTube channel. The same time-stamped links are also provided in the video description below the video on YouTube. Or the slider bar in the embedded video on this page can be dragged to the desired time for viewing a specific portion of the video.
If you would like a PDF copy of the presentation slides used during this webinar, please contact Mark Toda at KPPC.
International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
University of Kentucky – Institute for Sustainable Manufacturing
– I.S. Jawahir and Ryan Bradley