Module 2 Webinar: Life Cycle Perspective (LCP)
Recorded on January 11, 2018
– Product life cycles
– What is a product life cycle perspective?
– Practical approaches
– Obtain a framework for thinking about life cycle perspective
– Learn principles of life cycle thinking
– Develop approaches for incorporating LCP in your organization
– Initiate your thinking about sustainable manufacturing in preparation for Workshop 2
Module 2 Workshop: Envisioning the Future State
This workshop has been cancelled due to unexpected circumstances. Some of the technical content planned to be presented will be incorporated into future workshops and webinars.
This workshop will focus on innovation and product development, by first learning to incorporate life cycle thinking into environmental management systems such as ISO 14001:2015 to help identify opportunities for innovation.
Participants will be engaged in working sessions to begin drafting strategies for sustainable product development within their operations. There will be an overview of the Toxics Release Inventory database and how manufacturers might utilize and benefit from it. Research capabilities at the University of Louisville J.B. Speed School of Engineering will also be presented and poster presentations will be available to review with opportunities to connect with research groups and individual faculty.
Topics to be addressed will include:
– Kentucky Toxics Release Inventory (TRI)
– ISO 14001:2015
– University research to enhance sustainability
– Sustainable product development
– Manufacturing host presentation and tour
Benefits of participating:
– Understand how TRI data can benefit manufacturers
– Learn approaches to effectively incorporate LCP into ISO 14001:2015 plans
– Identify potential university-based research opportunities
– Learn and draft approaches to incorporate sustainability in product development
Approaches for incorporating sustainability into new product development processes will be a major emphasis of this workshop.
333 East Brandeis Avenue
Louisville, KY 40208
Cost to attend is $35 per person (credit card only) and includes continental breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks at the facility. Professional development hours (PDH) will be available for all workshop attendees.
Registration for this event is no longer open.