Recorded on November 8, 2017
This webinar provided an overview of sustainable manufacturing and outlined the purpose and elements of the Kentucky Sustainable Manufacturing Initiative.
– Importance of sustainable manufacturing
– Business case for sustainable manufacturing
– Integrating sustainability in manufacturing operations and product development
– Life cycle thinking
– Overview of the Initiative’s training series, and provision for technical assistance
– Obtain a framework for thinking about sustainable manufacturing
– Learn principles of sustainable manufacturing
– Initiate your thinking about sustainable manufacturing in preparation for the training series
- Presentation Info
Lissa McCracken, Executive Director, KPPC
Mark Toda, Sr. Sustainability Engineer, KPPC
Dr. I.S. Jawahir, Director, Institute for Sustainable Manufacturing, University of Kentucky
[03:42] The Kentucky Sustainable Manufacturing Initiative
[18:00] Fundamentals of Sustainable Manufacturing
[42:05] KSMI Training and Technical Support
[55:27] Wrap-up / Next Actions
Questions and Answers
[40:01] How does the energy with cryogenic machining compare with traditional cutting fluid machining?
[41:20] Talking about the lean concepts, how are they applied to the energy and pollution prevention aspects?
[53:30] Are there state and local incentives to encourage and help businesses fund the journey down this path?
Please note: Time-stamped links will be viewed on the KPPC YouTube channel. The same time-stamped links are also provided in the video description below the video on YouTube. Or the slider bar in the embedded video on this page can be dragged to the desired time for viewing a specific portion of the video.
If you would like a PDF copy of the presentation slides used during this webinar, please contact Mark Toda at KPPC.
Lean Manufacturing and the Environment online LEAN resources page
Lean Manufacturing and the Environment: Research on Advanced Manufacturing Systems and the Environment and Recommendations for Leveraging Better Environmental Performance