This workshop will focus on developing a positive culture for sustainability and moving forward successfully by incorporating sustainable manufacturing principles. Participants will learn from other Kentucky manufacturers, engage in a discussion of incorporating life cycle perspective into the new ISO 14001:2015 standard, understand how Kentucky’s TRI database can benefit manufacturers, and learn about the core engineering research facilities at the University of Louisville. An introduction to sustainable product development will be presented in preparation for a future instructional webinar.
Topics to be addressed will include:
– Developing a culture for sustainability
– ISO 14001:2015 & Life Cycle Perspective
– Kentucky Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) data
– Kentucky sustainable manufacturing case study examples
– Sustainable product development
Benefits of participating:
– Enhance ISO 14001:2015 environmental management plans
– Outline approaches for evaluating life cycle and sustainability
– Glean best practices in sustainability from other Kentucky manufacturers
– Learn and engage with University of Louisville engineering research capability
– Utilize Kentucky’s TRI database to benefit your organization
Cost to attend is $35 per person (credit card only) and includes continental breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks at the facility. Professional development hours (PDH) will be available for all workshop attendees.
The Division of Compliance Assistance (DCA) is an introductory level to help participants understand regulations governing hazard-ous waste and how to comply with them.
• How waste is regulated and identified
• Requirements for different waste generators
• Updates hazardous waste regulations changes
• How to handle spills and other emergencies
• Common violations and what to expect during an inspection
Who should attend?
• Facility managers or owners and consultants
• Environmental, Health and Safety Professionals
• Representatives of retail, manufacturing and industrial facilities
• Representatives of facilities with aerosol cans, solvents, paint, pesticides, light bulbs, ballasts, and lawn care chemicals on premises
Fee: $40 (regular registration), $20 (KY EXCEL members)