Let us join forces to advance America’s next industrial revolution.
A new industrial revolution is taking place. At the forefront is the Clean Energy Smart Manufacturing Innovation Institute (CESMII) that is helping manufacturers of all sizes, and across all industry sectors, with bringing together information and operations technologies built on the open SM PlatformTM.
The goal is to create radically smarter, more productive, and energy-efficient production systems and domestic supply chains across American industry, while empowering workers from the plant floor to the C-Suite with actionable information for real-time decision-making. This transformation aims to unlock the true potential of our people, processes, and technology by transcending barriers of cost, risk and accessibility.
We welcome you to attend this seminar to find out more about CESMII’s key strategic objectives and near-term technology road map. Learn how you can participate in:
(a) advancing the four paradigms underpinning Smart Manufacturing—Business Practices, Enabling Technologies, Platform Infrastructure, and Workforce Development and;
(b) developing and deploying your own products and solutions built on the revolutionary SM PlatformTM ecosystem in your industrial settings to achieve new cross-industry benchmarks for radically improving safety, energy efficiency, environmental sustainability, operational performance, and economic productivity.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in Smart Manufacturing technology, R&D and workforce development is welcome to join us. CESMII supports industry-university projects in the following areas:
– Modeling, validation, workflows, and cyber-physical systems
– Process and Controls: interoperability, predictive analytics, monitoring, and enterprise security
– Sensors: Big/Smart Data, IoT, plug-and-play, data exchange, and hardware and software
– Modeling/Machine Learning/Analysis: real-time collection, machine and deep learning
– Business Practices and Workforce Development: best practices, gaps, certification, curriculum, skills, and competencies
View the agenda to find out more.
Regional Seminar on Smart Manufacturing
University of Louisville
2210 South Brook Street,
Shumaker Research Building, Room 139
Louisville, KY 40208
Do you have questions about LEED v4?
These monthly virtual meetings focus on individual credit categories and/or general questions about LEED v4 project certifications. We’ll include a moderator and local subject matter experts to share what we’ve learned in our first LEED v4 projects.
Bring your questions, bring your answers, and join us for discussion during this WebEx session to be held at noon (EST).
Details regarding the monthly topic will be posted on the event registration page.
Advance registration is required. The WebEx login instructions will be emailed to registered attendees 24 hours in advance of the session.
Not a USGBC Community Member, yet? Join here.
Join us to learn the basics of tracking and benchmarking electric demand in Portfolio Manager. We’ll review sample utility bills, tips to benchmark within Portfolio Manager, define commonly-used terminology, and share helpful resources.
Ready to be Green in 2019? The new year offers fresh promises for innovation in an ever-changing events industry. If you haven’t gotten started convening gatherings in a sustainable way, this is the year. If you are just starting out, don’t worry, you are not alone. Let’s get started together with the basics of greening by taking on the easy initiatives to increase your efficiency, save time and save money.
- Understand how your event’s sustainability impacts attendees and the organisation’s image and determine the green initiatives to get you started in 2019
- Learn how engage your stakeholders for greater success, including how to “Ask for it” from your key suppliers at no additional cost, and how to enroll sponsors so they can look good and feel good too
- Learn how to communicate your sustainability achievements, including how to measure and build on your success
Join us to learn about upcoming updates to the Portfolio Manager web services application programming interface (API) and associated schemas. These updates are set to go live in February 11, 2019 (and available in the Beta Test environment starting December 10, 2018). During this session, EPA will provide details on the specific schema elements that are being added or changed.
Attendee level: Intermediate
Attend this webinar if you’re interested in: Portfolio Manager, web services, benchmarking
The premier annual event for sustainable business leaders.
Join more than 1,200 of the world’s brightest thinkers and most influential sustainability leaders for an unparalleled look into the pressing challenges, emerging trends and biggest opportunities in sustainable business today.
- Purpose & People – Key strategies for individual and company effectiveness that can enable companies to better achieve sustainability and business goals.
- Finance & ESG – The brave new world of capital markets as they relate to sustainability, notably the growing investor interest in environmental, social and governance metrics on Wall Street and its global counterparts.
- Responsible Supply Chains – Ethically and transparently managing materials sourcing, manufacturing and labor practices, putting people and the environment on a par with economics and profits.
- The New Energy Landscape – Advances in technologies, policies and business models to achieve new levels of energy efficiency and renewable energy procurement.
- Materiality & Metrics – How companies are measuring and reporting on their operations to unlock opportunities, drive sustainability goals and cultivate buy-in throughout a company, its stakeholders and its value chain.The growing role of environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria among mainstream investors and customers, and other metrics and frameworks used to uncover opportunities assess progress and drive company sustainability goals.
- Circular Economy – Innovative approaches to design and business strategy that create zero-waste products, processes and value chains, and that allow companies to be restorative and regenerative by design.
Plastics Recycling 2019 is the focal point for the increasingly complex and international plastics recycling industry. The event, now in its 14th year, brings together plastics reclaimers, equipment manufacturers, brand owners, brokers, government officials and leading sustainability voices from around the globe to deepen connections and push the sector forward. Don’t miss out on the industry event of the year.
“It was fantastic to see the amount of good work and enthusiasm on improving the recycling of plastics – on the forums, discussions and private discussions with the industry players.”
The 2019 conference will offer presentations, panel discussions and Q&As featuring leading industry executives, reclaimers and associations. The exhibit hall is expected to include more than 225 booths. The 2018 Plastics Recycling Conference, held last February in Nashville, brought together nearly 2,000 attendees from 35 countries and featured more than 200 sponsors and exhibitors.
Take advantage of the opportunity to meet new faces, close deals and hear the information you need to know to keep your business ahead of the rest.
The 7th Annual Responsible Business Summit New York is North America’s premier event focused on providing practical solutions and ideas to help accelerate action on key social and environmental challenges. We will bring together 500+ CEOs, business leaders, Investors, Government representatives and NGOs to address the core challenges and understand the latest technologies that are shaping the future of responsible business
- Innovate and lead: Identify new innovations, materials, technologies and solutions which will lower impacts and deliver commercial success
- Transparent ESG disclosures: Disclose accurate data to showcase risks, demonstrate long-term value and deliver transparent ESG disclosures fit for Investors
- You can’t do it alone: Successfully engage Employees, Investors, Government, Suppliers and Competitors to deliver ambitious SDG impacts
- Transparent holistic communications: Deliver purpose-driven communications fit for all stakeholders
- Move ESG risks to opportunities: Transform business risks into future opportunities through Board oversight and leadership
“The Ethical Corporation’s Responsible Business Summit provides the perfect platform to collaborate and share best practice on sustainable business issues”
– Craig Kreeger, CEO, Virgin Atlantic Airways
Delivering the Good Life
The premier event for purpose-driven brand innovation. Navigate your brand’s sustainability journey to deliver business success!
The Good Life Initiative
Today’s version of The Good Life appears to be shifting; less focus on money and status, and more towards a pursuit of a simpler, balanced life that is rich with connections to people, community, and environment.
Sustainable Brands has embarked on a three-year journey to raise this conversation around the globe, and to find, share and celebrate brands that are innovating on this new collective vision – The Good Life.
It’s Time for Brands to Deliver
SB’19 Detroit kicks off the final year of this initiative and will showcase brands who are embodying the spirit of balance and simplicity by delivering product and service offerings that realize these new societal aspirations of The Good Life.
Dive into a thoughtfully curated list of exemplary case studies, discover innovation frameworks and practical tools, and find new partners to deliver on your goals.
The New Role for Businesses and Brands
SB’19 Detroit will help brands and organizations map their way forward to a sustainable future by equipping product and service innovation teams to deliver The Good Life, engaging marketing/communications teams to support Good Life values, and evolving supplier relationships with principles of The Good Life.
Sustainable Brands is the global leader in bringing together brand, sustainability and communications teams into relevant conversations about how to drive brand value through sustainability-led innovation.