The Northeast Waste Management Officials’ Association (NEWMOA) announces the national launch of the “Green Chemistry Connection,” an online community of green chemistry practitioners and an information clearinghouse.
NEWMOA created the Green Chemistry Connection in order to facilitate the exchange of information, ideas, and expertise on one easy-to-access and use web platform. NEWMOA conducted a “soft-launch” of the website in 2014 in the northeast with more than 115 members. With the re-launch of the website for a national audience, NEWMOA hopes to expand the conversation on green chemistry and further enhance the quantity and quality of information available on the Network.
GreenChemConnect.org brings together federal, state, and local programs, academic institutions, non-governmental organizations, and private companies that are working on green chemistry initiatives. The goal for the Green Chemistry Connection is to broaden the understanding and adoption of green chemistry practices and principles in business, education, government, health care, and society as a catalyst to growing a sustainable economy. Some of its features include:
- Discussion forums for sharing ideas or posting questions
- Blogs for sharing views, expertise, and experience
- News complied from multiple sources
- Announcements about upcoming events and activities
- Notices about jobs
- Groups for connecting with members interested in a particular topic
- Library of links to green chemistry resources websites
- Member Directory
- Social media sharing
Learn more about the network at the Green Chemistry Connection website